Here is my entry for my Final Project in the Creating with Code Course.
All of this is contained at a website that I made: http://mauerbach.weebly.com/
There are three parts of the student program:
- First, I started a CS First Club with a focus on Art that my students will complete.
- Second, students investigate an exemplar Scratch animation that I created on Photosynthesis to give them some ideas.
- Third, I have created two of my own teaching videos explaining the animation I made, first showing how I made the sprites, and then showing how I made them move and act to demonstrate the concept of photosynthesis.
- There is a Standards Link with a complete explanation of how my students' work will help them meet the Next Generation Science Standards. to two exemplar
- There is a page with dynamite examples of Science animations that students are making with Scratch
- Another page shows some of the greatest examples of what people are doing in the realm of science animation.
- Finally, there is a link to a series of Teacher Resources like tutorials, lesson plans, troubleshooting guides and worksheets for students at all levels.
I hope that you will find my course idea as exciting as I do, and that you will incorporate it into your classroom!
Posted by Michael Auerbach